Training & Development
Three Rivers Youth invites you to participate in our Training Institute. Three Rivers Youth is dedicated to improving the standards and effectiveness of training and services offered by Social Services Agencies. The Training Institute curriculum offers a variety of certificate programs and workshops.
All training meets the established guidelines set by the Regulatory Agencies Department of Public Welfare, Children, Youth & Families, Department of Human Services and Council of Accreditation. Upon completion of the course each participant and participating agency will receive a certificate of training.
The Training Institute will enable agencies to complete their annual training requirements without the cumbersome administrative duties associated with record keeping.
Three Rivers Youth monitors trainings for quality assurance and best practice. Trainings can be customized to accommodate your training needs.
Download registration form:
Registration & Refund Policy
Three Rivers Youth reserves the right to revise, edit or modify this training information as it deems necessary to decrease registration, accommodation or scheduling conflict.
- Registration form mail/fax to Human Resources one week prior to scheduled training.
- Late registration forms are taken on a case-by-case basis only.
- Participants must sign and complete the training roster to receive credit for attending training.
- Participants arriving later than 15 minutes for training will not be permitted to attend training. No refund will be issued.
- Participants will be notified by fax/mail of schedule changes or cancellations. Refund minus $10 processing fee.
- In cases of inclement weather, participant will need to contact Human Resources or Training Center for message on class cancellation. Refund minus the $10 processing fee or rescheduled at no additional charge.
- Place all beepers, pagers & cell phones on vibrate mode.
Orientation week includes DPW 21 initial training hours.
- Child Protective Service Law/Mandated Reporter
- Department of Public Welfare 3800 Regulations
- Sexual Harassment
- Standard Precautions & Communicable Disease
- Fire Safety
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid
- Professional Roles & Boundaries
- Professional Assault Response Training (P.A.R.T) I & II. (Only agencies with certified PART trainers may attend this session)
Participants may select courses from either program.
- Psychotropic Medication
- Childhood Mood Disorders
- Recognizing Risk Factors of Adolescent Suicide
- Behavioral Disorders
- Life Skills
- Managing Aggressive Behavior in Adolescence
- Family Group Decision Making, Allegheny County Model
It is the policy of Three Rivers Youth not to discriminate in its programs of employment, purchasing of goods and services, and all other activities. Three Rivers Youth does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, or veteran status. Complaints should be directed to: Human Resources, Sebastian Lacy.
Half-Day (3 hours) price $35.00 per person
Full-Day (6 hours) price $65.00 per person
Certification Training Cost
OCYF Medication Administration (2-day) $95.00
P.A.R.T Certification training (2-day) $125.00 (Only available to agencies with certified PART trainers.)
Three or more attending the same workshop/training from the same agency, each participant will receive $5.00 off their registration fee.
Served with Full-day (6 hours) training session.
Driving directions to our Training Center.
For more information contact Charlene Hill-Coleman, Human Resources Director, 6117 Broad Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, 412.441.5020, ext. 212.