Interested in Applying to a Position at Three Rivers Youth?
Download Our Application: CLICK HERE
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Supervisor
The Family Specialist will provide referral services to families, and assist the family in achieving the goals of the Family Service Plan. The Family Specialist is involved in the initial family contact and subsequent frequent and intense in-home services. The family specialist is available to referral sources and families during times of crisis. Provides supportive counseling and activities to family members in conjunction with the Family Therapist.
JOB STATUS: Full Time Non-Exempt
- Meets with families at times designated by ACCYF, individually and in family sessions, to assist in the attainment of the Family Service Plan goals.
- Models child rearing practices, behavior management techniques, and anger management skills.
- Assists parents in the development of home maintenance skills and routines, appropriate childcare and safe management of the home environment.
- Accompanies family members to necessary appointments and school conferences.
- Partners with the Family Therapist and the family at the time of the initial referral and subsequent crisis.
- Partners with the Community and School Specialists when necessary.
- Bills for at least 33 hours per week.
- Responsible for a caseload of 4-7 families at any one time.
- Maintains accurate and up to date family files.
- Maintains professionalism at all times when working with families, FPP staff and outside agencies.
- Participates in the development and review of the Family Service Plan.
- Records and completes all progress and other documentation and reports as required.
- Attends and participates in internal and external training as required.
- Assists in the assessment of the family, collects intake information, and conducts follow-up activities.
- Attends program staff meetings and meets with supervisory staff and other agency personnel as assigned.
- Participates in monthly file review.
- Attends supervision weekly.
- Responsible for carrying a cell phone and pager at all times and returning pages within 15 minutes.
- Responsible for on call duties during designated rotation as well as any time during evening and weekend hours.
- Responsible for attending a crisis during anytime of the day or weekend.
- Required to be flexible during the day and/or weekend.
- Required to dress professionally during court appearances and semi-professional dress during working hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; the employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Proper diction and command of the English language is required. Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
Bachelor’s degree in the human services, and one semester’s internship in the human services field, or at least one year experience in in-home services or the social service field. Additionally, four years working experience with families and children may be substituted. Act 33/34 clearances are required as well as a valid PA driver’s license and reliable transportation.