˜Prevention, Diversion, and Intervention˜
Restorative Practice for Students, Rebuilding Foundations for Adults!
TRY offers quality prevention services to youth, adults and families throughout Allegheny County to reduce early initiation of substance abuse and increase decision making skills. The services are within the community and School setting. Services include:
- Drug and Alcohol Pre-screenings and Referrals
- Individual sessions, and Follow-ups
- Small Groups
- Class-room Presentations
- Alternative Activities
- ATOD Information Dissemination
Three Rivers Youth's Diversion Program targets youth (6th to 12th grade) who violate the school drug policies on school grounds or at school sponsored events. The Diversion Program is designed to support academic achievement by keeping youth in school and teaching them skills that will support a drug-free lifestyle while removing barriers to success. In addition, the Diversion Program will provide parent engagement, family support, individual sessions, treatment assessments and referrals.
- Offers Intervention groups to address risky behaviors associated with substance abuse
- Provides individuals with supportive services related to accessing intervention and treatment.
- Initiates outreach efforts to heighten awareness of substance abuse and risk factors.
TRY provides drug and alcohol assessments and referrals to individuals referred by Adult Probation/Parole at the Community Resource Centers
TRY provides Drug and Alcohol Assessments and referrals to adolescents as ordered by the court.
Offers staff training to build professional development and competencies related to drug and
alcohol education, issues and trends
Evidence Based Curriculums /Approaches
- Life Skills (Middle School)
- PATHS (Elementary School)
- Get Real About Violence (High School)
- The Truth About Drugs (High School)
- Motivation Enhancement Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Anger Management
- Relapse Prevention
- Nurturing Parenting Program
ANNUAL COMMUNITY EVENTS
- African American History Team Competition
- Drug-free Community Appreciation Day
- Back to School Celebration
- Kwanzaa Celebration
- Recovery Month Activities
- Tobacco Prevention and Awareness
- Alcohol Awareness Month Activities